Do I have to remove staples, binder clips, paper clips?
No you do not need to remove those items.
Do you recycle the paper?
Yes, the paper is recycled after it is shredded.
Do you shred other material such as x-rays, pictures, etc.?
Generally yes, we shred items other than paper. However, please call to discuss your specific needs.
Why should I use an outside service, rather than shredding the paper internally?
There are a number of reasons.
- First, it is almost always more expensive to shred in-house.
- The security of shredding in-house is also important. Much of what you want to destroy is probably confidential information you don't want your average or entry level employee to see, such as payroll information, business plans, etc.
- No Shredders to to buy and replace.
How often will you come to shred documents?
We will come as often you need. We will interview you to determine your needs and then set up a schedule. We remain flexible as your needs change. If you have an exceptional one-time need, we will change our schedule to meet your needs.
How much are the containers?
The lockable security containers are provided to you free of charge for the use of in ongoing service. You can choose from a variety of container types and sizes.
Why don't I just send the paper to a recyclers?
You lose a certain amount of security when you send the paper directly to a recycler.
- Your confidential information is often hand sorted (graded) by recycling company personnel, which means they could take whatever information they want.
- Recycling services may use open collection containers which are accessible to anyone, staff, janitors, etc.
- Generally, the employees of recycling service companies are not security screened, bonded and insured.
- Your paper is transported in the trucks in whole form. If an accident should occur in transit, your confidential information is open to the public.
Our employees do not see any individual pieces of paper. The containers are taken to the truck and emptied into the shredding compartment mechanically, nothing is hand-feed.
What do we do to prepare for a Purge?
When you contact us about a purge it is very important to give an accurate volume estimate (number of box and type) in order for us to give you accurate estimate of cost. This is also important also for us in planning our day so we are able service you and the rest of customers we have that day.
If in the event the amount of material to be shredded increases or decreases please call or email us with this information so we can adjust or schedule accordingly.